Calvary Fitness Challenge
Let's Get Fit for the New Year!
Are you ready to attack those New Year's Resolutions and start the New Year off with a bang?
Compete against your friends and team members in our six-week Staff Fitness Challenge as you work to improve your overall health and we embark on a journey to become a healthier community.
Contestants do not have to be members of the Cigna network to participate, and the contest is open to both full- and part-time employees. We’d love to have you join the adventure!
“Every champion was once a contender that refused to give up.”
– Rocky Balboa
Challenge Dates / Code
- Registration Code: Calvary
- Registration deadline: Thursday, February 1
- Challenge Dates: Friday, January 26- Thursday, March 7 (9:59p)
Every contestant who participates in the challenge will receive a protein shaker.
- Week One
- $10 Squeezed Juice Bar gift card
- Top five contestants who track the most activity minutes in the first week (If more than five contestants qualify, we will have a drawing.)
- Week Two
- Digital Smart Scale
- Four contestants that track at least 180 activity minutes during week two (winners will be determined by a drawing)
- Week Three
- Massage Therapy Gun
- Contestant to log activity most consistently during week three (If more than one contestant qualifies, we will have a drawing.)
- Week Four
- Fitbit and at home full body workout system
- Contestant that successfully wins the wall sit challenge at Staff Rally
- Week Five
- $200 towards customized Nike shoes
- Contestant who has tracked the most minutes running during week five
One male and one female contestant will be awarded the grand prize in two categories:
- Most activity minutes tracked throughout the challenge
- Highest weight loss percentage
Grand prize winners will have two prize options to choose from:
- Option One
- $60 Vinaigrette gift card
- $140 Betty’s Bath & Day Spa gift certificate
- $200 gift card (Nike, Lululemon, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, or REI Co-op)
- Option Two
- $150 gift card (Betty’s Bath & Day Spa, Nike, Lululemon, Cabela’s, Dick’s Sporting Goods, or REI Co-op)
- $250 towards the gym or personal trainer of your choice
During this challenge, we incorporated a team category. Teams can be made up of up to 6 employees. Teams must be registered in the challenge app.
- The team that has tracked the most minutes by the end of the challenge will win.
- $250 to be used towards two hours of bay time plus food and soft drinks at Top Golf.
How winners will be determined:
Overall progress and achievements will be tracked on the Cigna challenge website or app. Contestants participating in the weight loss category must participate in weigh-ins at the beginning and end of the challenge in Michaela’s office (the challenge website/app will not track weight loss percentages). Contestants must also clarify if they are competing towards the weightloss category or activity minutes category at the start of the challenge.